Androscoggin County Chamber of Commerce

Business Service Center – Professional Offices

  • Lewiston, Maine

Client:

  • The Maine Supply Company, L.L.C.

Services:

  • Architecture – Engineering
  • Construction Management

Thought to be the first automobile garage in Maine, the former Maine Supply Company Building was reborn as the Business Service Center, home to the Androscoggin Chamber of Commerce and the Lewiston-Auburn Economic Growth Council. Platz Associates performed all architectural and engineering design as well as the construction management for this Historic Tax Credit project, rehabilitating this vacant dilapidated building into an important component of the City of Lewiston’s Southern Gateway revitilization program.

Tenant fit-up included 5,000 sq. ft. of offices and a community conference room for The Chamber and 5,000 sq. ft. of professional offices and 10,000 sq. ft. of future development space for the L.A.E.G.C. Assisted by a single photo of the building’s exterior (circa 1920) and following the project review process of the Maine Historic Preservation Board, Platz Associates developed an intense exterior renovation program that restored the facade’s intricate detailing to it’s original splendor.